Computer not realizing that a device has been disconnected?
Kal Sze
2012-10-15 06:56:02 UTC
Hi all,

There seems to be a bug in some component of the SynCE-related stack (i.e.
kernel, ipaq kernel module, pppd, synce-connector, hal-dccm, librapi2,
rapi2-tools, and whatnot) where it doesn't realize that a Windows CE 6
(i.e. non-RNDIS) device has been physically disconnected, such that, if I
execute `pstatus -p hht-1` when I know that the hht-1 device is no longer
physically connected, the command would still complete with an exit code of
0. Has anybody experienced this? Anybody knows which component is at fault?
Is it possible to resolve it without rebooting the computer.

I also happen to have the /var/log/messages, if that would be of any help.

The environment:
SuSE Linux Enterprise 11, 32-bit, using the SynCE packages from the
openSUSE build service (
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mobile:/synchronization:/FACTORY/SLE_11/i586/
).

Best Regards,
Kal
Mark Ellis
2012-11-22 13:56:42 UTC
Post by Kal Sze
Hi all,
There seems to be a bug in some component of the SynCE-related stack
(i.e. kernel, ipaq kernel module, pppd, synce-connector, hal-dccm,
librapi2, rapi2-tools, and whatnot) where it doesn't realize that a
Windows CE 6 (i.e. non-RNDIS)
Do you mean non-rndis ? WM6 uses rndis by default, unlesyou've turned it
off ?
Post by Kal Sze
device has been physically disconnected, such that, if I execute
`pstatus -p hht-1` when I know that the hht-1 device is no longer
physically connected, the command would still complete with an exit
code of 0. Has anybody experienced this? Anybody knows which component
is at fault? Is it possible to resolve it without rebooting the
computer.
I also happen to have the /var/log/messages, if that would be of any help.
Yes, that would help. What is the actual output of the command ?