problems with ubuntu 10.10 and synce
Ajc
2010-11-11 15:18:55 UTC
Hi Mark

hope you get this, I've tried a couple of times to send an email, but
keep getting a time-out issue on delivery ?

I followed your link in the mailing list, and followed your 1-2-3
- however, I am getting a broken pipe message relating to evo2-sync

and also the following error before that :

(14:22:25) Ajc1: whoops, try again ... (process:3031):
e-data-server-WARNING **: e_source_get_uri () called on source with no
absolute URI!

(14:23:05) Ajc1: followed by ... : (process:3031): libebook-WARNING **:
e-book.c:2245: cannot get book from factory: Invalid source

any help would be appreciated
Lionel
2010-11-12 15:37:42 UTC
Hello,
I have exactely the same problem. It was working with Lynx and as I
update I have this message.
Lionel

Marjorie
2010-11-12 23:24:13 UTC
Lionel, Ajc,

seems there a current incompatibility between synce and Ubuntu 10.10
(Maverick Meercat). There was a previous forum message about it
Trying to preempt some queries here.
Maverick only has opensync 0.39, which is still experimental, and
doesn't work with synce at all at the moment. Please don't ask why this
happened, I don't quite know, and it stems from debian.
I'm going to build some packages for 0.22 for maverick, I'll shout when
they're up.
Until it gets fixed I'm not upgrading.

best regards
--
Marjorie
Mark Ellis
2010-11-15 16:28:57 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Lionel, Ajc,
seems there a current incompatibility between synce and Ubuntu 10.10
(Maverick Meercat). There was a previous forum message about it
Indeed, maverick has opensync 0.39, which is still unstable, and doesn't
work with synce at all.

Use this PPA

https://launchpad.net/~opensync/+archive/opensync-0.22

I've fiddled the versioning so it will override anything in the main
repository.
Ajc
2010-11-16 16:46:57 UTC
Hi Mark

the messages below, are as a result of following the Use this new PPA
that you put up at :

https://launchpad.net/~opensync/+archive/opensync-0.22

so unfortunately, the problem still exists.

... is there anything else that I can try, anyone else that I need to notify ?

Thx

Ajc

~~~~~

Mark Ellis
2010-12-01 16:16:55 UTC
Post by Ajc
Hi Mark
the messages below, are as a result of following the Use this new PPA
https://launchpad.net/~opensync/+archive/opensync-0.22
so unfortunately, the problem still exists.
... is there anything else that I can try, anyone else that I need to notify ?
It's a problem on the evolution sync side, which I don't know anything
about, sorry.

Mark
Post by Ajc
Thx