Public key for SynCE Ubuntu Repository?
Arpit Sud
2010-09-05 23:40:25 UTC
Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and I've tried installing SynCE as
per the instruction on this page
http://www.synce.org/moin/GuidoDiepen/NewUbuntuStuff/ModernDevice?highlight=%28key%29|%28public%29

I added the public key using the command below
$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net 7D2C7A23BF810CD5
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options
--no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg
--trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
--primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --recv-keys --keyserver
subkeys.pgp.net 7D2C7A23BF810CD5
gpg: requesting key BF810CD5 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpg: key BF810CD5: public key "Launchpad PPA for Awn Testing Team" imported
gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1)

When I try to install SynCE packages it prompts:
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libsynce0 librapi2 librra0 librtfcomp0 synce-hal python-rra python-rapi2
python-rtfcomp synce-sync-engine opensync-plugin-synce
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?

I've performed a full text search on synce.org but could not
find another public key to use.
http://www.synce.org/moin/FrontPage?action=fullsearch&titlesearch=0&context=180&value=public+key
Tried to search the mailing list, but sf.net returned no results
for public key.
http://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?group_id=30550&type_of_search=mlists&q=public+key

I found another public key on this page
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1308188 but even after
importing this synaptic still tell me that the packages can't be
authenticated.

Has the public key for the repository changed or am I doing
something wrong?
- Arpit
--
"The purpose of education is not to memorize facts.
 The true purpose of education is to train the mind to think"
                                             - Albert Einstein
Mark Ellis
2010-09-06 08:45:29 UTC
Post by Arpit Sud
Hello,
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and I've tried installing SynCE as
per the instruction on this page
http://www.synce.org/moin/GuidoDiepen/NewUbuntuStuff/ModernDevice?highlight=%28key%29|%28public%29
I've updated that page to refer to the instructions at

https://launchpad.net/~synce/+archive/ppa

adding the PPA to lucid is actually much easier than it used to be.