Sync works only one-way - UPDATE
Andrea Vai
2013-05-29 07:38:56 UTC
Hello list, I am finally coming up with a solution to sync my PocketPC
with Evolution on Ubuntu 12.04. I will post here the steps that took me
to this situation, if it's welcome, but at the moment I still have a
couple of problems. The most important one is that, after configuring
the sync (synce-create-partnership, msynctool --addgroup, etc) the sync
works only one way, i.e. from the PDA to the PC and not vice-versa.

The same PDA syncs both ways on another PC with Ubuntu 10.04.

Could anyone give me a little suggestion (or, better, some kind of
support if I provide some logfiles) to investigate the problem?

UPDATE: Investigating a bit took me to the awareness that the problem does not happen if a slow-sync is performed.
What could be the culprit of such a behaviour?

Thank you very much in advance!
Best regards,

Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-21 11:34:38 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Hello list, I am finally coming up with a solution to sync my PocketPC
with Evolution on Ubuntu 12.04. I will post here the steps that took me
to this situation, if it's welcome, but at the moment I still have a
couple of problems. The most important one is that, after configuring
the sync (synce-create-partnership, msynctool --addgroup, etc) the sync
works only one way, i.e. from the PDA to the PC and not vice-versa.
The same PDA syncs both ways on another PC with Ubuntu 10.04.
Could anyone give me a little suggestion (or, better, some kind of
support if I provide some logfiles) to investigate the problem?
UPDATE: Investigating a bit took me to the awareness that the problem does not happen if a slow-sync is performed.
What could be the culprit of such a behaviour?
Andrea, are you still having problems ? What are you trying to sync
with ? If it's evolution, I seem to remember a while ago there was some
difficulty with the evolution end not reporting changes properly.
Andrea
Andrea Vai
2013-07-21 20:14:51 UTC
Dear Mark, thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, I am still having this problem.
Yes, I am trying to sync with Evolution.
I confirm that the problem does NOT happen when a slow-sync is performed.

I would like to have this problem solved (if it will be, I think that I could finally write an updated and detailed howto or something), and provide all the help I can to investigate it... do you think it's possible? How to begin?

Thank you,
best regards

Andrea
Mark Ellis
Andrea Vai
2013-07-22 14:29:29 UTC
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS x64, Evolution 3.2.3, and:
libopensync0 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5
libopensync1exp7 0.39-4ubuntu1
opensync-module-python 1:0.22-2build1+precise1
opensync-plugin-evolution 1:0.22-2ubuntu3
opensync-plugin-synce 0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2
python-opensync 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5

Attached output of dpkg-query -l|grep sync

Tell me if I have to send info about any other package...

Thank you very much,
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-23 09:06:20 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
libopensync0 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5
libopensync1exp7 0.39-4ubuntu1
opensync-module-python 1:0.22-2build1+precise1
opensync-plugin-evolution 1:0.22-2ubuntu3
opensync-plugin-synce 0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2
python-opensync 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5
I cant remember for certain, but I think it was something that changed
in evolution around that time that messed around with opensync,
something to do with how it reported changes.

You could set up another sync group to confirm that, using evolution and
file sync, but I'm reasonably confident I'm remembering it right.

Ok, so opensync 0.22 is basically dead. I put those packages in the PPA
when debian and ubuntu removed 0.22 completely as a standby, but the
code is hopelessly old now. 0.40 hasn't been released, honestly I don't
know if it ever will be, but it works ok, so I created a PPA of
snapshots at https://launchpad.net/~opensync/+archive/opensync-devel. I
would recommend moving to those. You'll have to uninstall the old
opensync packages and remove the 0.22 PPA before adding the new one, or
the epoch in the version number wont let you install the new packages.

Next, the synce-sync-engine that has a usable plugin for the new
opensync isn't properly released yet either :) I've got it in the
development PPA at
https://launchpad.net/~synce/+archive/synce-head/+packages, and it
works. My only proviso would be that I dont keep all the development
packages up to date for older distros, so rather than adding the devel
PPA for 12.04, I would recommend you download just that package and
install it.

I realise that's all quite a big change, does it make sense ?

Mark
Andrea Vai
2013-07-24 08:36:19 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
Post by Andrea Vai
libopensync0 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5
libopensync1exp7 0.39-4ubuntu1
opensync-module-python 1:0.22-2build1+precise1
opensync-plugin-evolution 1:0.22-2ubuntu3
opensync-plugin-synce 0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2
python-opensync 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5
I cant remember for certain, but I think it was something that changed
in evolution around that time that messed around with opensync,
something to do with how it reported changes.
You could set up another sync group to confirm that, using evolution and
file sync, but I'm reasonably confident I'm remembering it right.
I understand this, but I don't know exactly how to confirm that by using
a file sync group... I wouldn't like to do a mess on my system, so if
it's not strictly necessary I would skip this step and proceed with the
following ones. But please let me know if it's a good idea. I would like
to be careful because I am currently using synce with my production
environment, and I am a little afraid of making a mess or lose data...
at least, my current system fast-syncs one-way and slow-syncs two-ways,
and both are better than any-speed 0-ways sync :-)
Post by Mark Ellis
I realise that's all quite a big change, does it make sense ?
I agree with you, but if it will solve my problem (without messing up
anything), and it can also be useful for others, I think it's worth a
shot.

Thanks,
Andrea
Post by Mark Ellis
Mark
Mark Ellis
2013-07-24 11:56:46 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Post by Mark Ellis
Post by Andrea Vai
libopensync0 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5
libopensync1exp7 0.39-4ubuntu1
opensync-module-python 1:0.22-2build1+precise1
opensync-plugin-evolution 1:0.22-2ubuntu3
opensync-plugin-synce 0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2
python-opensync 1:0.22-4ubuntu0.5
I cant remember for certain, but I think it was something that changed
in evolution around that time that messed around with opensync,
something to do with how it reported changes.
You could set up another sync group to confirm that, using evolution and
file sync, but I'm reasonably confident I'm remembering it right.
I understand this, but I don't know exactly how to confirm that by using
a file sync group... I wouldn't like to do a mess on my system, so if
it's not strictly necessary I would skip this step and proceed with the
following ones. But please let me know if it's a good idea.
Not necessary, it would just confirm my memory as to what the situation
was. If you want to, you just set up a new msynctool sync group with
evo2-sync and file-sync as members, sync it, and then see if any changes
to the evolution data after that will sync without a slow sync.
Post by Mark Ellis
I realise that's all quite a big change, does it make sense ?
I agree with you, but if it will solve my problem (without messing up
anything), and it can also be useful for others, I think it's worth a
shot.
Thanks,
Andrea
Honestly, the opensync 3/4 stuff in synce is not as mature or as well
tested as version 2, but it does work, and the old opensync version is
not going to get any better. Some of the data conversion functions might
still need a bit of work, I think I've sorted out the phone number
transfers which were in the past not perfect.

I don't actually use a WM phone anymore, I just work on this because I
enjoy it, so with a general lack of use it doesn't get tested as much
anymore, especially since opensync is a bit quiet as well. On the other
hand, if you spot a data transfer problem, i'm more than happy to try to
fix it.

If you do want to go this path, you'll also have to start your syncing
from scratch, because the new opensync does it in a totally different
way, but I can talk you through that.
Post by Andrea Vai
Post by Mark Ellis
Mark
Andrea Vai
2013-07-24 12:59:43 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
Post by Andrea Vai
Post by Mark Ellis
I cant remember for certain, but I think it was something that changed
in evolution around that time that messed around with opensync,
something to do with how it reported changes.
You could set up another sync group to confirm that, using evolution and
file sync, but I'm reasonably confident I'm remembering it right.
I understand this, but I don't know exactly how to confirm that by using
a file sync group...
you just set up a new msynctool sync group with
evo2-sync and file-sync as members, sync it, and then see if any changes
to the evolution data after that will sync without a slow sync.
ok, so I did it but encountered a problem:

Received an entry 20130530T075617Z-4883-1000-1-***@andrea-desktop with data of size 8 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED
[many many many others...]
Received an entry 20130530T075616Z-4883-1000-1-***@andrea-desktop with data of size 8 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED
Member 2 of type evo2-sync had an error while getting changes: Broken Pipe
Member 2 of type evo2-sync had an error while disconnecting: Broken Pipe
Member 1 of type file-sync just sent all changes
Member 1 of type file-sync just disconnected
All clients have disconnected
The sync failed: Unable to read from one of the members
Error while synchronizing: Unable to read from one of the members

Obviously, I don't really need this problem to be solved. So, if you need me to do something else, to help you to understand anything, let me know. Otherwise, I would leave this problem unsolved and upgrade to the new opensync.
Post by Mark Ellis
On the other
hand, if you spot a data transfer problem, i'm more than happy to try to
fix it.
Ok, this makes me very happy, too :-)
Post by Mark Ellis
If you do want to go this path, you'll also have to start your syncing
from scratch, because the new opensync does it in a totally different
way, but I can talk you through that.
By saying "from scratch" do you mean that if I don't start with a side of the partnership empty of data, all the data would be duplicated?
Is there any other precaution I need to use in order to have it syncing correctly?

Thanks,
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-24 15:28:28 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Post by Mark Ellis
Post by Andrea Vai
Post by Mark Ellis
[...]
Yep, that looks familiar, I'd say there's no life left in that version.
Post by Mark Ellis
If you do want to go this path, you'll also have to start your syncing
from scratch, because the new opensync does it in a totally different
way, but I can talk you through that.
By saying "from scratch" do you mean that if I don't start with a side of the partnership empty of data, all the data would be duplicated?
Is there any other precaution I need to use in order to have it syncing correctly?
Yes, that's correct. We'll be using a new partnership, so it'll happily
duplicate everything.

I'm making a presumption that you're using a WM6 device, and you don't
sync the device with anything other than synce. If that's not correct,
we'll need to change the process a bit.

Assuming all your info is correct in evolution, if you then delete your
partnership in synce with the device connected, because that's the only
partnership associated with the data on the device, it'll delete it all,
giving you a blank slate. With a WM5 device, you need to delete it
manually.

Then create a new partnership with the device as normal.

The opensync stuff has changed a bit. You use osynctool instead of
msynctool.

From the opensync PPA, install

libopensync1
libopensync-plugin-evolution3
libopensync-plugin-vformat
libopensync-plugin-xmlformat
libopensync-plugin-python

and from the synce development PPA you need

opensync-plugin-synce-3x
synce-sync-engine

osynctool --addgroup groupname
osynctool --addmember groupname evo3-sync
osynctool --addmember groupname synce-sync
osynctool --configure groupname 1

That last command gives you the default evo3-sync configuration, you
should be ok just to save it and exit. synce-sync doesn't have a
configuration.

osynctool --discover groupname 1
osynctool --discover groupname 2

osynctool --sync groupname

That's the general idea.
Andrea Vai
2013-07-25 07:14:14 UTC
Thank you Mark, it's all clear to me and I am going to make the job.
Post by Mark Ellis
I'm making a presumption that you're using a WM6 device, and you don't
sync the device with anything other than synce. If that's not correct,
we'll need to change the process a bit.
Assuming all your info is correct in evolution, if you then delete your
partnership in synce with the device connected, because that's the only
partnership associated with the data on the device, it'll delete it all,
giving you a blank slate. With a WM5 device, you need to delete it
manually.
OK I am using a WM5 device, and I sync it only with synce.
I am going to manually delete (actually, move to a safe place) all of my
data from Evolution and have them synced from the WM5 device.
Post by Mark Ellis
and from the synce development PPA you need
opensync-plugin-synce-3x
ok I downloaded and installed the .deb manually.
Post by Mark Ellis
synce-sync-engine
it seems to me that I already have synce-sync-engine installed, v.
0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2. I still have
http://ppa.launchpad.net/synce/ppa/ubuntu in my software repo's, do I
need to keep it or to delete it?

Thanks, again,
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-25 10:18:32 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
synce-sync-engine
it seems to me that I already have synce-sync-engine installed, v.
0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2. I still have
http://ppa.launchpad.net/synce/ppa/ubuntu in my software repo's, do I
need to keep it or to delete it?
Keep that repo, but you do need the newer version of synce-sync-engine
in the devel repo to match the new plugin. I've decided to do a new
release over the next few days, so what you need will appear in the
normal repo shortly, but by all means carry on with those packages
manually.

I'm also very shortly, in a few minutes, going to upload some new
opensync packages, I broke the existing ones with a timeout change, so
make sure you run an upgrade on them soon, probably this afternoon.
Post by Andrea Vai
Thanks, again,
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-25 10:26:30 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
synce-sync-engine
it seems to me that I already have synce-sync-engine installed, v.
0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2. I still have
http://ppa.launchpad.net/synce/ppa/ubuntu in my software repo's, do I
need to keep it or to delete it?
Keep that repo, but you do need the newer version of synce-sync-engine
in the devel repo to match the new plugin. I've decided to do a new
release over the next few days, so what you need will appear in the
normal repo shortly, but by all means carry on with those packages
manually.
I'm also very shortly, in a few minutes, going to upload some new
opensync packages, I broke the existing ones with a timeout change, so
make sure you run an upgrade on them soon, probably this afternoon.
Ignore this last comment about opensync, I hadn't broken the packages in
precise, only in raring.
Post by Mark Ellis
Post by Andrea Vai
Thanks, again,
Andrea
Andrea Vai
2013-07-25 14:59:43 UTC
Hi Mark (and the list),
I followed all your instructions and it seems to me that all the
configuration was made properly. However, the command osynctool --sync
groupname seems to sync nothing.

The output of the command has many lines like

E: Element 'Type': This element is not expected. Expected is ( Content
).
E: Element 'LastName': This element is not expected. Expected is one
of ( Additional, Prefix, Suffix ).
E: Element 'Encoding': This element is not expected.
E: Element 'Type': This element is not expected. Expected is ( Content
).
E: Element 'Type': This element is not expected. Expected is ( Content
).
E: Element 'LastName': This element is not expected. Expected is one
of ( Additional, Prefix, Suffix ).
E: Element 'Encoding': This element is not expected.
E: Element 'Type': This element is not expected. Expected is ( Content
).
E: Element 'Type': This element is not expected. Expected is ( Content
).
E: Element 'Encoding': This element is not expected.
E: Element 'Type': This element is not expected. Expected is ( Content
).

then, at the end, it asks me if I want to do the sync (y/N), I say Y and
it says that the user decided to not do the sync.
It says that there are 0 items to sync for each item-type.

May I provide you some log?

The only strange things during configuration were in the output of
osynctool --discover and osynctool --addmember, complaining about
missing "plain format":

osynctool --addmember JJ2Evo evo3-sync
ERROR: Unable to find plain format
EXIT_ERROR: osync_module_get_conversion_info: Unable to find plain
format
ERROR: Unable to find plain format
EXIT_ERROR: osync_module_get_conversion_info: Unable to find plain
format
ERROR: Unable to find plain format
EXIT_ERROR: osync_module_get_conversion_info: Unable to find plain
format
ERROR: Unable to find plain format
EXIT_ERROR: osync_module_get_conversion_info: Unable to find plain
format
ERROR: Unable to find plain format
EXIT_ERROR: osync_module_get_conversion_info: Unable to find plain
format

osynctool --discover JJ2Evo 2
[...]
Discovered Objtypes:
contact
Format: vcard21
conversion config: VCARD_EXTENSION=Evolution
Format: vcard30
conversion config: VCARD_EXTENSION=Evolution
event
Format: vevent20
todo
Format: vtodo20
note
Format: vjournal

So, at the moment I am stuck with my WM device containing data, and no
data on Evolution.

Thank you,
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-25 15:17:59 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Hi Mark (and the list),
I followed all your instructions and it seems to me that all the
configuration was made properly. However, the command osynctool --sync
groupname seems to sync nothing.
The output of the command has many lines like
Not sure why this is all coming out ....
Post by Andrea Vai
[...]
the plain format plugin is in package

libopensync-plugin-file

install that and see what happens.
Andrea Vai
2013-07-25 16:03:05 UTC
I installed libopensync-plugin-file, disabled contacts and event sync
(they are many and I prefer to make some tries with only tasks enabled),
created a new task in evo, and it does not seem to sync it.

Attached output of: osynctool --sync JJ2Evo 2>&1 |tee Log.txt

What to try next?

Thanks very much for your help,
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-25 18:50:55 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
I installed libopensync-plugin-file, disabled contacts and event sync
(they are many and I prefer to make some tries with only tasks enabled),
created a new task in evo, and it does not seem to sync it.
Attached output of: osynctool --sync JJ2Evo 2>&1 |tee Log.txt
What to try next?
Doh, it's me being daft. In /usr/share/doc/synce-sync-engine is a file
called syncengine.conf.xml.gz, copy it to ~/.synce, unpack it, find the
line

<!-- <OpensyncXMLFormat>OS20</OpensyncXMLFormat> -->

change it to

<OpensyncXMLFormat>OS30</OpensyncXMLFormat>

If you know XML you know what we did, if you don't, we're uncommenting
the line. Note the change from OS20 to OS30.

Then try again. The default is still to format for old opensync, I must
do something about that.

Mark
Andrea Vai
2013-07-26 06:42:38 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
In /usr/share/doc/synce-sync-engine is a file
called syncengine.conf.xml.gz, copy it to ~/.synce, unpack it, find the
line
<!-- <OpensyncXMLFormat>OS20</OpensyncXMLFormat> -->
change it to
<OpensyncXMLFormat>OS30</OpensyncXMLFormat>
If you know XML you know what we did
yes, I know, and I have did it and tried again.

Now something more works, but still without syncing properly. But first
of all, I expect that if I trigger a sync after one has been completed,
without adding/modifying/deleting any item, the engine does not find
anything more to sync. But instead, it seems that it has some memory of
the items already synced, and it considers (and also duplicates part of)
them.

I am currently doing the syncs with only tasks enabled, because I don't
have any important data there and I can delete them for testing
purposes. But, as you can see from the logs, even if I delete all the
items, the next sync re-creates all of them, or part of them, or
duplicates one of them.

I attach three logs, concerning three successive syncs, without doing
any change on the items between the syncs, done in this way:

- delete all items from PDA and from Evo. Now PDA contains 0 items, Evo
contains 0 items.
- sync (-->Log1.txt). Now PDA contains 0 items, evo contains 22 items.
- sync (-->Log2.txt). Now PDA still contains 0 items, evo contains 24
items.
- sync (-->Log3.txt). Now PDA still contains 0 items, evo contains 26
items.

Member 1 is the PDA. Member 2 is Evo.

An italian phrase appear in the log:
Unable to create todo: Impossibile creare l'oggetto di calendario: L'ID
dell'oggetto esiste già

that means:

Unable to create todo: Unable to create the calendar object: The ID of
the object already exists

that also seems strange to me, because it mixes todo and event objects
in the same line, and because event objects are disabled (if I am
correct):

***@andrea-desktop:~$ osynctool --showobjtypes JJ2Evo
Member 1 Objtypes:
Objtype contact: Disabled
conversion config:
Objtype event: Disabled
conversion config:
Objtype todo: Enabled
conversion config:
Member 2 Objtypes:
Objtype contact: Disabled
conversion config: VCARD_EXTENSION=Evolution
conversion config: VCARD_EXTENSION=Evolution
Objtype event: Disabled
conversion config:
Objtype todo: Enabled
conversion config:
Objtype note: Enabled
conversion config:
Objtypes for the group:
event: Disabled
todo: Enabled
contact: Disabled

It seems also strange to me that the sync output complains about
something related to calendar (event, vcal) items, that are disabled, as
pointed out above.

Thanks a lot for your kind help,
Best regards
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-26 08:28:25 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Hi,
Post by Mark Ellis
In /usr/share/doc/synce-sync-engine is a file
called syncengine.conf.xml.gz, copy it to ~/.synce, unpack it, find the
line
<!-- <OpensyncXMLFormat>OS20</OpensyncXMLFormat> -->
change it to
<OpensyncXMLFormat>OS30</OpensyncXMLFormat>
If you know XML you know what we did
yes, I know, and I have did it and tried again.
We shouldn't be getting the schema errors anymore, unless there are half
completed items stuck in there. Did you change OS20 to OS30 in that
file ?
Post by Andrea Vai
Now something more works, but still without syncing properly. But first
of all, I expect that if I trigger a sync after one has been completed,
without adding/modifying/deleting any item, the engine does not find
anything more to sync. But instead, it seems that it has some memory of
the items already synced, and it considers (and also duplicates part of)
them.
It's because it's slow syncing after a failure, and getting in a mess.
Post by Andrea Vai
I am currently doing the syncs with only tasks enabled, because I don't
have any important data there and I can delete them for testing
purposes.
Good idea.
Post by Andrea Vai
[...]
Todo and event are both calendar objects in vcal, and in many other
implementations, including evolution, just different types.

Some of the slow syncing and duplication that happens is due to the fact
that we sort of have 2 partnerships with synce, the opensync
partnership, and the windows partnership, whereas with evolution all the
partnership information is with opensync. When it works its ok, but when
it breaks it gets messy.

The important thing first is to get rid of the schema errors, so check
the version in that sync-engine config file. After that we'll need to
remove the partnerships and start again.
Post by Andrea Vai
Objtype contact: Disabled
Objtype event: Disabled
Objtype todo: Enabled
Objtype contact: Disabled
Andrea
Andrea Vai
2013-07-26 08:43:10 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
We shouldn't be getting the schema errors anymore, unless there are half
completed items stuck in there. Did you change OS20 to OS30 in that
file ?
Yes, I did:

***@andrea-desktop:~$ grep XML .synce/syncengine.conf.xml
OpensyncXMLFormat specifies the type of format conversion to use
in AirSync/XML (Use this for debugging or with the
- OS30 uses OpenSync 0.3x XML schemas. Set this if you are
Post by Mark Ellis
The important thing first is to get rid of the schema errors, so check
the version in that sync-engine config file. After that we'll need to
remove the partnerships and start again.
Ok so you confirm me that the XML file is correct, and I can remove the
partnership(s)? The plural here is not so clear to me, but am I correct
if I assume that removing the partnerships means using
synce-delete-partnership, and removing the only one listed there?

Thanks again
Andrea
Mark Ellis
2013-07-26 09:12:47 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Post by Mark Ellis
We shouldn't be getting the schema errors anymore, unless there are half
completed items stuck in there. Did you change OS20 to OS30 in that
file ?
OpensyncXMLFormat specifies the type of format conversion to use
in AirSync/XML (Use this for debugging or with the
- OS30 uses OpenSync 0.3x XML schemas. Set this if you are
<OpensyncXMLFormat>OS30</OpensyncXMLFormat>
Ok.
Post by Andrea Vai
Post by Mark Ellis
The important thing first is to get rid of the schema errors, so check
the version in that sync-engine config file. After that we'll need to
remove the partnerships and start again.
Ok so you confirm me that the XML file is correct, and I can remove the
partnership(s)? The plural here is not so clear to me, but am I correct
if I assume that removing the partnerships means using
synce-delete-partnership, and removing the only one listed there?
I mean the synce partnership and the opensync partnership always have to
be in the same state, so yes you need to delete the synce partnership
like that, but also

osynctool --delgroup JJ2Evo

Then recreate both.

When you then try a sync, if it doesn't work, as well as the output of
osynctool, send the file ~/.synce/sync-engine.log

Mark
Andrea Vai
2013-07-29 07:10:00 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
I mean the synce partnership and the opensync partnership always have to
be in the same state,
Thank you for the explanation.
Post by Mark Ellis
so yes you need to delete the synce partnership
like that, but also
osynctool --delgroup JJ2Evo
Then recreate both.
When you then try a sync, if it doesn't work, as well as the output of
osynctool, send the file ~/.synce/sync-engine.log
So I have successfully delete and recreated both the synce and opensync partnerships, enabled sync for
todo items only, and synced with no items present at both sides. No
errors (and no items were respawned).

To keep trace of successive steps, I issued the command osynctool --sync
JJ2Evo 2>&1 |tee Log_`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M"`.txt and attach the logs.
Numbers at the beginning of the following lines identify (the time of) each log:

Added element to PDA (Item title is "PDA1")
0857 sync --> PDA1 got copied on Evo, but the output get an error: *** glibc detected *** osplugin: corrupted double-linked list: 0x0000000001ca8f00 ***
and I have to press ctrl+c to terminate the command.

I tried other times to add/remove/modify and sync, and the error doesn't always appear, but I think it's better to have it never appear, isn't it?

Attached: output log + sync-engine.log

Thanks again,
Andrea
Post by Mark Ellis
Mark
Mark Ellis
2013-07-29 12:31:06 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
[...]
Not sure what is causing this, we might have to eliminate some
possibilities.
Post by Andrea Vai
I tried other times to add/remove/modify and sync, and the error doesn't always appear, but I think it's better to have it never appear, isn't it?
Attached: output log + sync-engine.log
I've spotted one problem, and uploaded a new version of
libopensync-plugin-python, the 32 version has built and is ready, the 64
bit version is still waiting, so if you're 32 bit you can run an upgrade
and try it now.

Mark
Andrea Vai
2013-07-29 12:43:55 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
I've spotted one problem, and uploaded a new version of
libopensync-plugin-python, the 32 version has built and is ready, the 64
bit version is still waiting, so if you're 32 bit you can run an upgrade
and try it now.
I am on x64, so I think I will have to wait/try until apt-get upgrade
shows libopensync-plugin-python in its output...

...am I right?
Thanks... and sorry for the (stupid) question

Andrea
Mark Ellis