Ubuntu 11.04 and synce
Lionel
2011-05-12 08:24:40 UTC
Hello,
Has someone installed synce with Ubuntu 11.04 ? Is it working better as
with 10.10 ?
After all the problems with the 10.10 (opensync series 0.39 in the depot
and some other) I had decided to return to return to Lucid (10.04).
I'm know thinking to update or reinstall to 11.04 but I don't want to
have the same problems as with the 10.10.
Best regards,
Lionel
Rob Hills
2011-05-12 08:38:37 UTC
Hi Lionel,
Post by Lionel
Has someone installed synce with Ubuntu 11.04 ? Is it working better as
with 10.10 ?
After all the problems with the 10.10 (opensync series 0.39 in the depot
and some other) I had decided to return to return to Lucid (10.04).
I'm know thinking to update or reinstall to 11.04 but I don't want to
have the same problems as with the 10.10.
I upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 last night and after reinstalling synce,
I'm finding that mostly it's working better for me than it did with
10.10. Previously, I'd have to go to the tray icon and "get device
info" before I could sync my handset (HTC TyTn II running Windows Mobile
6.1 Professional). Now, it connects seamlessly as soon as I plug it
in. The only thing is that I can't seem to get the synce-trayicon to do
anything obvious. Not sure if it's running in the background, but I
can't see it anywhere on the desktop. I'm using the Unity desktop that
comes by default with Ubuntu 11.04.

HTH,
--
Rob Hills
Waikiki, Western Australia
Mark Ellis
2011-05-12 19:10:34 UTC
Post by Rob Hills
Hi Lionel,
Post by Lionel
Has someone installed synce with Ubuntu 11.04 ? Is it working better as
with 10.10 ?
After all the problems with the 10.10 (opensync series 0.39 in the depot
11.04 still has opensync 0.39, I wouldn't imagine they'll go back to
0.22, though that is probably what they should do. See
https://launchpad.net/~opensync/+archive/opensync-0.22 for 0.22 packages
for maverick, when I get around to it I'll build them for natty too,
though you should be able to use the maverick ones for natty ok
Post by Rob Hills
Post by Lionel
and some other) I had decided to return to return to Lucid (10.04).
I'm know thinking to update or reinstall to 11.04 but I don't want to
have the same problems as with the 10.10.
I upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 last night and after reinstalling synce,
I'm finding that mostly it's working better for me than it did with
10.10. Previously, I'd have to go to the tray icon and "get device
info" before I could sync my handset (HTC TyTn II running Windows Mobile
6.1 Professional). Now, it connects seamlessly as soon as I plug it
in. The only thing is that I can't seem to get the synce-trayicon to do
anything obvious.
Think it's because the panel is not the same as it used to be, but not
sure how to fix this yet. It's running, you just can't see it.