Help installing synce on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Andrea Vai
2013-01-06 16:50:55 UTC
Hello, I am currently trying to install synce and sync my PDA with
Evolution on Ubuntu 12.04. My PDA works and syncs fine with Ubuntu 10.04 on
another computer.

As far as I know, the first target to achieve is having synce-pls working.
If I run synce-pls it says that it is not installed and that it is
available in the librapi2-tools package. So, I am trying to install
librapi2-tools.

The problem is: when I try to install librapi2-tools, it says that it
cannot be installed because it depends on librapi2. But librapi2 cannot be
installed, because it depends on libsynce0 that cannot be installed.

libsynce0 *is* actually already installed, and trying to remove and
reinstall it does not help.

Could anybody please help me? Every little hint would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!
Best regards,
Andrea

Running Ubuntu 12.04 x86 on an Acer TM380 notebook, and Windows Mobile 5 on
an i-mate JasJar PDA
Andrea Vai
2013-01-13 15:11:17 UTC
I reply to my own question for future needs. I solved the problem by
removing all synce packages, adding the ppa:synce and
ppa:opensync/opensync-0.22 and by NOT installing librapi2. At present I
have installed the following packages:

libopensync1exp7 (0.39-4ubuntu1)
libopensync1exp7-dev (0.39-4ubuntu1)
liborange0 (0.4-2build1)
librra-dev (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
librra-tools (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
librra0 (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
librtfcomp0 (1.2-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
libsynce0 (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
libsynce0-dev (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
opensyncutils (0.39-4ubuntu1)
python-libxslt1 (1.1.26-8ubuntu1.2)
python-opensync (0.39-4ubuntu1)
python-rapi2 (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
python-rra (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
python-rtfcomp (1.2-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
synce-dccm (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
synce-sync-engine (0.15.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise2)
synce-tools (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)
synce-trayicon (0.16-0ubuntu0~ppa1~precise1)

and now it works, i.e. the trayicon appears and accepts my password, and
synce-pls shows the files on my pocket PC.

I have other problems regarding synce on Ubuntu 12.04, I am trying to solve
them by myself but I'm afraid I will come back soon ;-)

Best regards,
Andrea
on an i-mate JasJar PDA
Andrea Vai
2013-05-29 13:25:50 UTC
mbolivar do you still need help or did you manage to get over it?
I am still experencing problems in 12.04 and need help on that from someone
that got it working

Best regards
Andrea
Hi andrea, i have the same problem. I install the same packets with the
same version. I am on ubuntu 12.04 x64 and when i run synce-pls, return
error
rapi_connection_get_name
can you help me to solve this?
PD: sorry for bad english.