Dependency problem installing synce on Ubuntu 11.10
Andrea Vai
2012-08-23 06:59:31 UTC
Hello All,
excuse me but I am trying to install synce on Ubuntu Oneiric and I think
I need some help.

I am following the guide at:
http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceInstallation/Ubuntu/ModernDevice

It seems to me that everything has been ok until I issue the command:

sudo apt-get install synce-hal librra-tools librapi2-tools

the command output says that there are bad packets or unsatisfied
dependencies (sorry for the translation from Italian)

librapi2-tools : Depends: librapi2 (= 0.15.2-0ubuntu0~ppa1~oneiric1) but
it is not going to be installed

and if I try to install librapi2 it says: librapi2 : Depends: libsynce0
(>= 0.15) but it is not going to be installed

and if I try

sudo apt-get install libsynce0

it says that libsynce0 is already at the most recent version

so, where I am wrong? How may I solve the problem? If anyone could give
me a hint I would be very happy

thank you very much!
Andrea
--
------------------------------

Questa informativa è inserita in automatico dal sistema al fine esclusivo
della realizzazione dei fini istituzionali dell'ente.

Diventa anche tu sponsor dei nostri ricercatori. Scegli di destinare il 5
per mille all’Università di Pavia <http://www.unipv.it/>: offrirai nuove
opportunità alla ricerca, ai giovani e al territorio. Un gesto che non
costa nulla e costruisce tanto. C.F. dell’Università di Pavia 80007270186.

Please note that the above message is addressed only to individuals filing
Italian income tax returns.
Mark Ellis
2012-08-23 15:29:42 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Hello All,
excuse me but I am trying to install synce on Ubuntu Oneiric and I think
I need some help.
http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceInstallation/Ubuntu/ModernDevice
sudo apt-get install synce-hal librra-tools librapi2-tools
Those instructions are out of date, try replacing synce-hal with
synce-connector.
Andrea
Andrea Vai
2012-08-26 08:31:40 UTC
Thank you Mark, I removed synce-hal and tried to install synce-connector
but it depends on librapi2 too. So I was still stuck there but I eventually
manage to install librapi2 by removing libsynce0 first. Now I can install
successfully synce-hal as well as synce-connector and I decided to remove
synce-hal and keep synce-connector following your suggestion.

Is there a place where I can find some up-to-date instructions that I can
follow to complete the installation?

Thank you very much!
Andrea

Italian income tax returns.
Mark Ellis
2012-08-27 15:57:19 UTC
Post by Andrea Vai
Thank you Mark, I removed synce-hal and tried to install
synce-connector but it depends on librapi2 too. So I was still stuck
there but I eventually manage to install librapi2 by removing
libsynce0 first. Now I can install successfully synce-hal as well as
synce-connector and I decided to remove synce-hal and keep
synce-connector following your suggestion.
That's a bit strange, but as long as everything is now installed it
should be ok.
Post by Andrea Vai
Is there a place where I can find some up-to-date instructions that I
can follow to complete the installation?
I don't think so, I think it's just me these days, and I barely have
time to keep the software up to date :( Just do your best, and ask
questions here when you need to.
Post by Andrea Vai
Thank you very much!
Andrea
Post by Andrea Vai
Hello All,
excuse me but I am trying to install synce on Ubuntu Oneiric
and I think
I need some help.
Post by Andrea Vai
it is not going to be installed
Depends: libsynce0
Post by Andrea Vai
me a hint I would be very happy
thank you very much!
Andrea
Questa informativa Ú inserita in automatico dal sistema al fine
esclusivo della realizzazione dei fini istituzionali dell'ente.
Diventa anche tu sponsor dei nostri ricercatori. Scegli di destinare
il 5 per mille all’Università di Pavia: offrirai nuove opportunità