Multiple devices connected simultaneously.
Kal Sze
2011-09-24 16:28:39 UTC
Hi guys,

Does SynCE 0.15 support having multiple devices connected simultaneously
(particularly Windows CE devices, which don't support RNDIS)?

I have read an old thread on the synce-devel mailing list, dating from 2007,
about support for multiple devices, but it doesn't seem to carry the
conclusive, final word about the feature being incorporated into the main
branch.

I know that RAPI tools have a -p option with which I can specify a device
name. And I'm guessing that means SynCE *does *support multiple connected
devices and can distinguish among them using the device name - otherwise why
specify a device name at all, right? In fact, I would be happy as long as
pcp and pstatus support it, as I am using them in some bash scripts.

I just don't have two Windows CE/Windows Mobile devices on hand to test it
out, otherwise I would have just TIAS'ed.

Best Regards,
Kal
Mark Ellis
2011-10-21 19:38:53 UTC
Post by Kal Sze
Hi guys,
Does SynCE 0.15 support having multiple devices connected
simultaneously (particularly Windows CE devices, which don't support
RNDIS)?
Yep, multiple serial devices (not using RNDIS), can be used, hopefully
out of the box, though that feature doesn't get used much. The command
line tools should be fine, with other tools it varies. You can only have
one RNDIS device connected at a time, but that's because all the devices
provide the same IP address rather than a limitation on our end.