debian squeeze/sid can't make synce work because packages "opensync-plugin-evolution opensync-plugin-synce multisync-tools" removed
Armnotstrong
2010-08-26 17:50:14 UTC
Hi,guys
I want to install synce in my debian squeeze/sid,but packages
"opensync-plugin-evolution opensync-plugin-synce multisync-tools" were
removed due to security reasons,refer to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=580867 .So what I
required to do to make this
work?
thank you
best regards
Guido Diepen
2010-08-26 18:20:49 UTC
Post by Armnotstrong
Hi,guys
I want to install synce in my debian squeeze/sid,but packages
"opensync-plugin-evolution opensync-plugin-synce multisync-tools" were
removed due to security reasons,refer to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=580867 .So what I
required to do to make this
work?
thank you
Hi,

from what I can see in that bug report the version that is rejected/unfit for
release is 0.39-4. This is correct, because this version should never have
been packaged anyway, the whole 0.3x branch of OpenSync is a developers branch
and not suited for endusers. More information about this can be found on the
website of OpenSync (www.opensync.org).

The only stable version of opensync is version 0.22. Make sure that you find
and install that version.

Kind regards,

Guido Diepen
--
Guido Diepen <***@jcwodan.nl>
Aviation is proof that given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the
--Eddie Rickenbacker
Fernando Toledo
2010-08-27 00:10:57 UTC
Post by Armnotstrong
Hi,guys
I want to install synce in my debian squeeze/sid,but packages
"opensync-plugin-evolution opensync-plugin-synce multisync-tools" were
removed due to security reasons,refer to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=580867 .So what I
required to do to make this
work?
thank you
hi Armnotstrong! i use debian too (testing) and synce is broken at this time
i wating for new release.
i sync my phone across google as workaround

kdepim(calendar+contacts) <--> akonadi (googledata resource) <--> google
account <--> "google exchange server at m.google.com" <--> win mobile

i hope that i stop using google as soon as possible.
--
Dock Sud BBS
http://bbs.docksud.com.ar