Error: odccm is not running
Jean P.
2011-05-08 14:11:05 UTC
Hi all,

I'm experimenting synCE with ma HTC Diamond Touch with Ubuntu/Natty and
with ppa.launchpad.net/synce repositories as mentioned in the Wiki
(http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceInstallation/Ubuntu/ModernDevice)

I'm having trouble at the first step with synce-pls.

***@dell:~$ synce-pls
** Message: dccm is not running, ignoring
synce-pls: Could not find configuration at path '(Default)'

I have no dccm binary but a /usr/lib/synce-hal/hal-dccm
and /usr/lib64/synce-hal/hal-dccm.

Firewall is off, and when connecting the smartphone network manager say
to me that I have eth3 connection established.

Neither wiki's page http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceWithUbuntu nor
http://www.synce.org/moin/OdccmTroubleshooting help me.

May be you could?

Is there un problem with ubuntu package to not find odccm binary?

THX a lot for helping.

Jean
Mark Ellis
2011-05-09 07:50:47 UTC
Post by Jean P.
Hi all,
I'm experimenting synCE with ma HTC Diamond Touch with Ubuntu/Natty and
with ppa.launchpad.net/synce repositories as mentioned in the Wiki
(http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceInstallation/Ubuntu/ModernDevice)
I'm having trouble at the first step with synce-pls.
** Message: dccm is not running, ignoring
synce-pls: Could not find configuration at path '(Default)'
I have no dccm binary but a /usr/lib/synce-hal/hal-dccm
and /usr/lib64/synce-hal/hal-dccm.
Firewall is off, and when connecting the smartphone network manager say
to me that I have eth3 connection established.
Neither wiki's page http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceWithUbuntu nor
http://www.synce.org/moin/OdccmTroubleshooting help me.
May be you could?
Is there un problem with ubuntu package to not find odccm binary?
odccm is obsolete, and synce-hal is not used on natty with those
repositories. Remove synce-hal, install synce-connector, and try again.

Mark
Jean P.
2011-05-09 10:57:29 UTC
Post by Mark Ellis
Post by Jean P.
[...]
THX it works !!
synce-pls return things :)

I'm going on the sync with evolution.

Thanks again
Jean P.
2011-06-02 13:56:50 UTC
Post by Jean P.
Post by Mark Ellis
Post by Jean P.
[...]
Hello,

Since synce-pls is working I'm going on with syncing with Evolution my
Google calendar.

So I create a partnership

***@dell:~$ synce-list-partnerships

AVAILABLE DEVICE PARTNERSHIPS
Index Name Device Host SyncItems

0 HTC-Touch Touch_Diamond dell [Calendar ]

And then I have to install opensync-plugin-synce (I guess).
But synaptic say tha the package is broken ...
And if i want to install synce-trayicon synaptic want to desinstall
synce-connector to install synce-hal...

Can you help me please?

Jean