synce over bluetooth
k***@accenture.com
2011-02-01 12:52:29 UTC
Hi All,

I have tried synchronisation, using usb cable, of my device i.e. Windows Mobile 6.1 with Ubuntu lucid 10.04. Activesync on WM works fine when I connect both devices using usb cable. Now I wanted my device to connect and synchronise with lucid over Bluetooth and not cable connection. In this case the activesync on WM seems not synchronising with Opensync on lucid. I understand that for synce working over bluetooth the incoming and outgoing ports are to be configured on both sides upon which the RFCOMM emulation happens. I tried modifying the /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf script in lucid for the same purpose but was not able to get results.

Can anyone give some idea on SYNCE over Bluetooth synchronisation and let me know the steps required to be followed for the same. Anyone's response will be of great help.

Thanks and regards,
Kunal

Mark Ellis
2011-02-05 14:07:53 UTC
Post by k***@accenture.com
Hi All,
I have tried synchronisation, using usb cable, of my device i.e.
Windows Mobile 6.1 with Ubuntu lucid 10.04.
Try the synce-hal-bluetooth package.
Post by k***@accenture.com
Activesync on WM works fine when I connect both devices using usb
cable. Now I wanted my device to connect and synchronise with lucid
over Bluetooth and not cable connection. In this case the activesync
on WM seems not synchronising with Opensync on lucid. I understand
that for synce working over bluetooth the incoming and outgoing ports
are to be configured on both sides upon which the RFCOMM emulation
happens. I tried modifying the /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf script in
lucid for the same purpose but was not able to get results.
Can anyone give some idea on SYNCE over Bluetooth synchronisation and
let me know the steps required to be followed for the same. Anyone's
response will be of great help.
Thanks and regards,
Kunal
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.