Birthdays shifted by one day
Klaus-Dieter Fietze
2011-05-11 19:55:41 UTC
Hello,

I am running openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) with KDE 4.6.
I have installed KitchenSync and am able to synchronise contacts and calendar
entries of KDE Kontact with my PDA running under Windows Mobile 6
Professional.
Everything works fine except the birthdays. Whenever the contacts get
synchronised from the PDA their birthdays appear one day earlier on the
Personal tab of the contact's card.
The other way round, from KDE Kontakt to my PDA, works fine.
Since both OpenSync and SynCE do not need a configuration I have no idea how
to adjust this.
Can anybody help me?

Thank you,

Kaus
Tejas Guruswamy
2011-05-12 16:22:45 UTC
Post by Klaus-Dieter Fietze
Hello,
I am running openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) with KDE 4.6.
I have installed KitchenSync and am able to synchronise contacts and calendar
entries of KDE Kontact with my PDA running under Windows Mobile 6
Professional.
Everything works fine except the birthdays. Whenever the contacts get
synchronised from the PDA their birthdays appear one day earlier on the
Personal tab of the contact's card.
The other way round, from KDE Kontakt to my PDA, works fine.
Since both OpenSync and SynCE do not need a configuration I have no idea how
to adjust this.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you,
Kaus
Without detailed logs and traces, it's difficult to tell if its a SynCE,
OpenSync (likely), or KDE (unlikely) problem.

If you sync to file via opensync, are the birthdays still wrong?

Unfortunately opensync is a bit unmaintained atm so if its a opensync
problem you may be stuck ...

Tejas